Share the grandeur and charm of a three hour steam train journey through the scenic vista of the Dandenong Ranges together with family and friends! Select from a Three Course Menu or graze over our Natter Platter - a great meal to share.
The 'Steam & Cuisine Luncheon Train' departs daily (except Christmas Day) at 12.30pm and arrives at Lakeside Station located in Emerald Lake Park an hour later.
Emerald Lake Park's attractions include leisurely walking trails, picturesque Emerald Lake, paddle boats and abundant bird life. You are welcome to step off the train whilst it sits at the station and have a look around.
After a 55 minute break, the 'Steam & Cuisine Luncheon Train' starts its return journey to Belgrave Station, arriving at 3.30pm.
A range of local wines and drinks can be purchased on board the train.
The 12.30pm Excursion Train departure from Belgrave station includes the First Class dining carriages for the patrons travelling on the 'Steam & Cuisine Luncheon Train'.
Option 1: Three Course Menu
$92.00 Adult Fare per person
$82.00 Concession / Child (5-16 yrs) Fare per person
Includes: Three course meal, tea and coffee and train journey Belgrave to Lakeside return. A range of beverages including local wines are available for purchase.
Note: You need to advise which menu choices you prefer at time of booking.
Make sure you know which entree, main and dessert each person in your party would like.
Option 2: Natter Platter
- $70.00 Adult Fare per person
- $63.00 Concession / Child (5-16 yrs) Fare per person
Includes: Natter Platter, dessert, tea and coffee and train journey Belgrave to Lakeside return. A range of beverages including local wines are available for purchase.
WHAT VISITORS SAY ABOUT THE 'STEAM & CUISINE LUNCHEON TRAIN'...
"I took my girlfriend for lunch on Puffing Billy as a surprise birthday gift - and was she surprised!! Neither of us had been on Puffing Billy for about 40 years and we were thrilled with the service, meal and the whole experience, Thoroughly recommend it to anyone." Marian travelled in December
"My wife and i had a great time celebrating her birthday,enjoying what Puffing Billy had to offer, and chatting with other folks was also a lot of fun. She (my wife) was pleasantly surprised to what the day I had planned entailed. I know she loved it,and couldn't stop talking about it. Can't wait to do it again sometime soon. Thank you to ALL involved for making our day so wonderful and special." Kevin and Anastasia travelled in December
"A wonderful day out on the Puffing Billy! Steam, views, great food and great service. Thank you" Michelle travelled in December
"I love Puffing Billy. It is a special and unique Victorian experience that I have loved since I was a child and which I delighted in taking my 3 children on also. I am really enjoying travelling on the special themed train as an adult as it is a special, fun and unique experience whilst enjoying the beautiful views enroute." Judith travelled in December
Due to the heritage nature of our dining carriages, the table configurations can seat up to two (2) or up to four (4) people. If your party consists of more than 4 people, we will do our best to ensure your tables are located close to each other.
SPECIAL DIETARY REQUIREMENTS
Puffing Billy Railway can only cater for the following special dietary requirements for the Three Course Menu:
- gluten free / celiacs
Kindly ensure you advise us at least 72 hours prior to travel should you have one of the above dietary requirements. If booking online, please let us know in the "Notes" box when completing your booking.
Please note, special dietary options are not available for the Natter Platter.
PASSENGERS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
Passengers with Special Needs (eg wheel chair access) must contact Puffing Billy’s Customer Service Centre rather than book online. This way we can determine whether your needs can be accommodated.
If booking for the next day, please note bookings via the website are only available until 4pm the business day before, subject to availability.
- Special dietary requirements are available on 72 hours prior notice.
- A liquor service featuring local wine is available on board at reasonable prices.
- BYO beverages are not permitted.
- A child fare is aged from 5-16 years inclusive. We do welcome children in our heritage dining carriages and can accommodate children aged 5 years and above. These age restrictions have been carefully considered in the interests of health and safety.
- Concession fares are available to bearers of Australian Health Care, Student, Seniors, Companion or Pensioner cards. Your card may be required on day of travel for verification purposes.
- Smoking is not permitted on the train or under any roofed areas.
- Whilst every attempt is made to honour all bookings, PBR reserves the right to alter events, timetables or locomotives without prior notice.
- Should Puffing Billy Railway be unable to run this train, we will endeavour to transfer your booking to another date, however if this is not possible, a full refund will be given. In this instance, we will notify you of the cancellation by email and phone as soon as possible. As a result, we encourage you to provide us with your email address and a mobile telephone number at the time of booking.
- Due to the heritage nature of the carriages, we do not have facilities to provide for or accommodate high chairs, prams, baby capsules or wheelchairs and there are no bottle warming facilities or baby change facilities.
- No toilets are available aboard Puffing Billy's carriages, however toilets can be found at each main station.
- Due to the heritage nature of our dining carriages, people of generous proportions might find space slightly restrictive. Kindly contact our Customer Service Centre should you have any concerns.
- For bookings under 10 people, full payment is required at time of booking.
- For all online bookings, full payment is required at time of booking.
- For group bookings of 10 or more people, a deposit payment of $25.00 per person is required at time of booking, however if the booking is made within 30 working days of travel, full payment is required.
Balance payment is required 30 working days prior to date of travel.
- For bookings under 10 people, tickets are non refundable nor transferable.
- For all online bookings, tickets are non refundable nor transferable.
- For group bookings of 10 or more people:
- If a cancellation is made within 30 working days of travel, no refund will be given.
- If a cancellation is made 31 – 90 days out, the deposit is forfeited.
- If a cancellation is made over 90 days out, the deposit is refunded less a 10% administration fee.
Send Us your Puffing Billy Photo.
Gift Vouchers for Christmas
Purchase online now!