CHRISTMAS IN JULY MENU
There will be a special Christmas in July menu available for those travelling throughout the month of July 2013. Click here for more information.
Share the grandeur and charm of a three hour steam train journey through the scenic vista of the Dandenong Ranges together with family and friends! Select from a Three Course Menu or graze over our Natter Platter - a great meal to share.
The 'Steam & Cuisine Luncheon Train' departs daily (except Christmas Day) at 12.30pm and arrives at Lakeside Station located in Emerald Lake Park an hour later.
Emerald Lake Park's attractions include leisurely walking trails, picturesque Emerald Lake, paddle boats and abundant bird life. You are welcome to step off the train whilst it sits at the station and have a look around.
After a 55 minute break, the 'Steam & Cuisine Luncheon Train' starts its return journey to Belgrave Station, arriving at 3.30pm.
A range of local wines and drinks can be purchased on board the train.
The 12.30pm Excursion Train departure from Belgrave station includes the First Class dining carriages for the patrons travelling on the 'Steam & Cuisine Luncheon Train'.
Click here to download our Steam & Cuisine Luncheon Train flier.
Option 1: Three Course Menu
$89.00 Adult Fare per person
$79.50 Concession / Child Fare per person
Includes: Three course meal, tea and coffee and train journey Belgrave to Lakeside return. A range of beverages including local wines are available for purchase.
Note: You need to advise which menu choices you prefer at time of booking.
Make sure you know which entree, main and dessert each person in your party would like.
Option 2: Natter Platter
- $68.00 Adult Fare per person
- $61.50 Concession / Child Fare per person
Includes: Natter Platter, dessert, tea and coffee and train journey Belgrave to Lakeside return. A range of beverages including local wines are available for purchase.
Option 3: Christmas in July Menu
NOTE: This option is available for travel in the month of July 2013 only.
$89.00 Adult Fare per person
$79.50 Concession / Child Fare per person
Includes: Three course Christmas in July menu, tea and coffee and train journey Belgrave to Lakeside return. A range of beverages including local wines are available for purchase.
WHAT VISITORS SAY ABOUT THE 'STEAM & CUISINE LUNCHEON TRAIN'...
"Booked on line for my brother, elderly mum and I to travel Puffing Billy to partake in the journey and the Natter Platter. Booking process was seamless and easy. We had a wonderful day, the whole experience very enjoyable. The staff were friendly and very helpful, taking particular care to ensure my mum got safely on and off the dining carriage. The Natter Platter was enjoyable and after a lovely walk to the Lake at our midway stop, the scones, jam and cream with a cup of tea was a perfect end to the meal and all in all, a most enjoyable experience, the train, the views, the food and service, all good." Elizabeth travelled in April
"I purchased the gift voucher for my mother and father in-law for Christmas. When they came home from their day out they were absolutely estatic with all aspects of their day, the train, the food, the service & especially the atmosphere. THANKYOU THANKYOU it was great to see them so happy after some rough times :)" Lauren's in-laws travelled in April
"What a lovely day and a lovely way to show an overseas visitor the beauty of the Dandenongs. A UK resident and staunch royalist, my friend decided she was going to be "Queen for a day", and was royally treated as such by all at Puffing Billy. The sun shone, lunch was delicious & we had a great day. Thanks Puffing Billy" Lenice travelled in March
"Lovely treat. Enjoyed the food and experience immensely. Would love to do another special trip again, maybe with overseas family members next time!" Pam travelled in March
Due to the heritage nature of our dining carriages, the table configurations can seat up to two (2) or up to four (4) people. If your party consists of more than 4 people, we will do our best to ensure your tables are located close to each other.
SPECIAL DIETARY REQUIREMENTS
Puffing Billy Railway can only cater for the following special dietary requirements for the Three Course Menu:
- gluten free / celiacs
Kindly ensure you advise us at least 72 hours prior to travel should you have one of the above dietary requirements. If booking online, please let us know in the "Notes" box when completing your booking.
Please note, special dietary options are not available for the Natter Platter.
PASSENGERS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
Passengers with Special Needs (eg wheel chair access) must contact Puffing Billy’s Customer Service Centre rather than book online. This way we can determine whether your needs can be accommodated.
If booking for the next day, please note bookings via the website are only available until 4pm the business day before, subject to availability.
- Special dietary requirements are available on 72 hours prior notice.
- A liquor service featuring local wine is available on board at reasonable prices.
- BYO beverages are not permitted.
- A child fare is aged from 0-16 years inclusive.
- Concession fares are available to bearers of Australian Health Care, Student, Seniors, Companion or Pensioner cards. Your card may be required on day of travel for verification purposes.
- Smoking is not permitted on the train or under any roofed areas.
- Whilst every attempt is made to honour all bookings, PBR reserves the right to alter events, timetables or locomotives without prior notice.
- Should Puffing Billy Railway be unable to run this train, we will endeavour to transfer your booking to another date, however if this is not possible, a full refund will be given. In this instance, we will notify you of the cancellation by email and phone as soon as possible. As a result, we encourage you to provide us with your email address and a mobile telephone number at the time of booking.
- Due to the heritage nature of the carriages, we do not have facilities to provide for or accommodate high chairs, prams or wheelchairs and there are no bottle warming facilities.
- No toilets are available aboard Puffing Billy's carriages, however toilets can be found at each main station.
- Due to the heritage nature of our dining carriages, people of generous proportions might find space slightly restrictive. Kindly contact our Customer Service Centre should you have any concerns.
- For bookings under 10 people, full payment is required at time of booking.
- For all online bookings, full payment is required at time of booking.
- For group bookings of 10 or more people, a deposit payment of $25.00 per person is required at time of booking, however if the booking is made within 30 working days of travel, full payment is required.
Balance payment is required 30 working days prior to date of travel.
- For bookings under 10 people, tickets are non refundable nor transferable.
- For all online bookings, tickets are non refundable nor transferable.
- For group bookings of 10 or more people:
- If a cancellation is made within 30 working days of travel, no refund will be given.
- If a cancellation is made 31 – 90 days out, the deposit is forfeited.
- If a cancellation is made over 90 days out, the deposit is refunded less a 10% administration fee.
Send Us your Puffing Billy Photo.
Gift Vouchers for Christmas
Purchase online now!