Need an excuse for a good night out?
How about joining family, friends and/or work colleagues for a unique dining and dancing experience!
Share this unique dinner and dance experience with
family and friends onboard Puffing Billy Railway's first class dining carriages! Relax and savour your entree whilst travelling to the historic ‘Nobelius Packing Shed'. Enjoy a sumptuous meal of roast meats and desserts at 'the Shed' before our musical entertainer invites everyone to join the dance floor.
"Great feed, lovely service and songs you can't resist to sing along to"
Our enclosed dining carriages are heated in winter to ensure your journey is both comfortable and enjoyable. During the forward journey your entree of homemade soup will be served before disembarking at the historic Nobelius Packing Shed.
On the return journey, tea, coffee and dinner chocolates will be served.
In the rustic informality of the 'Nobelious Packing Shed', you'll be sure to enjoy the blazing log fire during the cooler months. Select a variety of roast meats, vegetables and salads from the buffet followed by various dessert options. A range of beverages including local wines are available for purchase.
Dancing, singing or chatting?
Will you join us for a turn on the dance-floor or would you prefer to sing along to Gloria Gaynor "I will survive?" It's up to you, but rest assured that both options are encouraged!
Our musical entertainer add a touch of ambience to the evening until the driver blows the whistle signalling your return to the train.
The 'Dinner & Dance Train' departs from Puffing Billy's Belgrave Station at 7.30pm on Thursdays and Fridays and 7.00pm on Saturdays.
Please ensure you arrive at least 20 minutes prior to the departure time. Arrival back into Belgrave Station is approximately 11.30pm.
Click here to view our Dinner & Dance Train brochure!
Note: The 'Dinner & Dance Train' was previously known as the 'Dinner Special'.
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS SAY...
"I was celebrating my 60th birthday with some very special friends and what a wonderful night. The train ride, food and entertainment was fabulous and the customer service was spot on. I would definately recommend this great experience. Thank you to all the staff." Kathy travelled in April
"The evening was terrific. Can't wait to do another one." Edwina travelled in March
"I had my 50th Birthday Celebration on the Dinner & Dance Train with a group of 16 made of up of my mother, friends and our adult children. We had a fantastic time. Two of our group had special dietary requirements which were met without a problem. In fact my friend who is coeliac said she has never been able to eat so much. We had a great time dancing and the food was fresh and tasty. I loved every minute of it. My group was quite loud and boisterous and the staff put up with some of nonsense in a very professional manner. Thank you for a great evening." Stacey travelled in March
"We are always looking for something a bit different for a Christmas party for our staff. I am delighted to tell you that the Puffing Billy dinner has been voted the best yet." David and his staff travelled in December
|Saturday 22 June SOLD OUT
||Friday 19 July LIMITED SEATS
||Saturday 24 August SOLD OUT
|Saturday 7 September||Friday 11 October||Saturday 12 October|
|Friday 18 October||Friday 25 October||Saturday 2 November|
|Friday 8 November||Friday 15 November||Saturday 16 November SOLD OUT
|Friday 22 November||Saturday 23 November||Friday 29 November LIMITED SEATS
|Saturday 30 November SOLD OUT
||Thursday 5 December||Friday 6 December|
|Saturday 7 December||Thursday 12 December||Friday 13 December|
|Saturday 14 December||Thursday 19 December||Friday 20 December|
|Saturday 21 December|
SPECIAL DIETARY REQUIREMENTS
Puffing Billy Railway can only cater for the following special dietary requirements:
- gluten free / celiacs
Please ensure you advise us at least 72 hours prior to travel should you have one of the above dietary requirements. If booking online, please let us know in the "Notes" box when completing your booking.
$88.50 per person. No concessions apply.
Includes: Train journey, three course dinner, entertainment, tea, coffee and dinner chocolates. A range of beverages including local wines are available for purchase.
Dining Carriage - due to the heritage nature of our dining carriages, the table configurations can seat up to two (2) or up to four (4) people. If your party consists of more than 4 people, we will do our best to ensure your tables are located close to each other.
Packing Shed - the tables located in the Packing Shed can seat up to a maximum of 12 people and where possible we will do our best to seat your party together.
PASSENGERS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
Passengers with Special Needs (eg wheel chair access) must contact Puffing Billy’s Customer Service Centre rather than book online. This way we can determine whether your needs can be accommodated.
We encourage you to car pool to Puffing Billy (or alternatively hire a minibus) if travelling on the 'Dinner & Dance Train' as a group. That way, more people in your party can enjoy some of the great local wines and beers available.
Please note that there is no Metro Train service after the 'Dinner & Dance Train' returns to Belgrave at 11.30pm.
- Tickets are NOT transferable to other dates.
- On declared days of TOTAL FIRE BAN in the Central Zone or the whole state of Victoria, steam locomotives will NOT operate, instead a diesel locomotive service will be offered.
- Should Puffing Billy Railway be unable to run this train, we will endeavour to transfer your booking to another date, however if this is not possible, a full refund will be given. In this instance, we will notify you of the cancellation by email and phone as soon as possible. As a result, we encourage you to provide us with your email address and a mobile telephone number at the time of booking.
- Unless already sold out, ‘Dinner & Dance Train’ bookings will close at 12 noon on the day prior to the selected event.
- Whilst every attempt is made to honour all bookings, Puffing Billy reserves the right to alter events, timetables, or locomotives without prior notice.
- Puffing Billy Railway is a non-smoking, non BYO venue.
- We practice the Responsible Serving of Alcoholic Beverages. Accordingly, service and/or travel on the train, either at the commencement of or during the forward or return journey, may be refused to any person who shows signs of excessive intoxication.
- Due to the heritage nature of the carriages, we do not have facilities to provide for or accommodate high chairs, prams or wheelchairs and there are no bottle warming facilities.
- No toilets are available aboard Puffing Billy's carriages, however toilets can be found at each main station.
- Due to the heritage nature of our dining carriages, people of generous proportions might find space slightly restrictive. Kindly contact our Customer Service Centre should you have any concerns.
The Dinner & Dance Train is also available for private functions (for groups of 60 to 80) on any other evening. For further details please contact our Customer Service Centre.
- For bookings under 10 people, full payment is required at time of booking.
- For all online bookings, full payment is required at time of booking.
- For group bookings of 10 or more people, a deposit payment of $25.00 per person is required at time of booking, however if the booking is made within 30 working days of travel, full payment is required.
Balance payment is required 30 working days prior to date of travel.
- For bookings under 10 people, tickets are non refundable nor transferable.
- For all online bookings, tickets are non refundable nor transferable.
- For group bookings of 10 or more people:
- If a cancellation is made within 30 working days of travel, no refund will be given.
- If a cancellation is made 31 – 90 days out, the deposit is forfeited.
- If a cancellation is made over 90 days out, the deposit is refunded less a 10% administration fee.
Send Us your Puffing Billy Photo.
Gift Vouchers for Christmas
Purchase online now!