Dinner & Dance Train - Special Offer!
Need an excuse for a good night out?
How about joining family, friends and/or work colleagues for a unique dining and dancing experience!
Share this unique dinner and dance experience with
family and friends onboard Puffing Billy Railway's first class dining carriages! Relax and savour your entree whilst travelling to the historic ‘Nobelius Packing Shed'. Enjoy a sumptuous meal of roast meats and desserts at 'the Shed' before our musical entertainer invites everyone to join the dance floor.
"Great feed, lovely service and songs you can't resist to sing along to"
Our enclosed dining carriages are heated in winter to ensure your journey is both comfortable and enjoyable. During the forward journey your entree of homemade soup will be served before disembarking at the historic Nobelius Packing Shed.
On the return journey, tea, coffee and dinner chocolates will be served.
In the rustic informality of the 'Nobelious Packing Shed', you'll be sure to enjoy the blazing log fire during the cooler months. Select a variety of roast meats, vegetables and salads from the buffet followed by various dessert options. A range of beverages including local wines are available for purchase.
Dancing, singing or chatting?
Will you join us for a turn on the dance-floor or would you prefer to sing along to Gloria Gaynor "I will survive?" It's up to you, but rest assured that both options are encouraged!
Our musical entertainer add a touch of ambience to the evening until the driver blows the whistle signalling your return to the train.
The 'Dinner & Dance Train' departs from Puffing Billy's Belgrave Station at 7.30pm on Thursdays and Fridays and 7.00pm on Saturdays.
Please ensure you arrive at least 20 minutes prior to the departure time. Arrival back into Belgrave Station is approximately 11.30pm.
Click here to view our Dinner & Dance Train brochure!
|Saturday 9 August
||Saturday 16 August|
|Saturday 30 August||Saturday 6 September||Saturday 11 October|
|Friday 24 October||Saturday 8 November||Friday 14 November|
|Friday 21 November||Friday 28 November LIMITED SEATS
||Saturday 29 November SOLD OUT
|Thursday 4 December||Friday 5 December SOLD OUT
||Saturday 6 December LIMITED SEATS
|Thursday 11 December||Friday 12 December SOLD OUT
||Saturday 13 December|
|Thursday 18 December||Friday 19 December||Saturday 20 December SOLD OUT
|Saturday 31 January||Saturday 7 February||Friday 20 March|
|Saturday 11 April||Friday 24 April||Friday 8 May|
|Friday 22 May||Saturday 30 May||Saturday 13 June|
|Saturday 27 June|
SPECIAL DIETARY REQUIREMENTS
Puffing Billy Railway can only cater for the following special dietary requirements:
- gluten free / celiacs
Please ensure you advise us at least 72 hours prior to travel should you have one of the above dietary requirements. If booking online, please let us know in the "Notes" box when completing your booking.
$93.00 per person. No concessions apply.
Includes: Train journey, three course dinner, entertainment, tea, coffee and dinner chocolates. A range of beverages including local wines are available for purchase.
Dining Carriage - due to the heritage nature of our dining carriages, the table configurations can seat up to two (2) or up to four (4) people. If your party consists of more than 4 people, we will do our best to ensure your tables are located close to each other.
Packing Shed - the tables located in the Packing Shed can seat up to a maximum of 12 people and where possible we will do our best to seat your party together.
CARRIAGE SEAT DIMENSIONS
Our heritage dining carriages have tables and chairs that are fixed to the floor and cannot be moved. As a result, people of generous proportions could find seating in the dining carriages restrictive. Please note that the distance between the edge of the table and the back of the chair is only 41 centimetres. To ensure you have a positive experience at Puffing Billy Railway we strongly urge you to contact our Customer Service Centre should you have any concerns.
PASSENGERS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
Passengers with Special Needs (eg wheel chair access) must contact Puffing Billy’s Customer Service Centre rather than book online. This way we can determine whether your needs can be accommodated.
We encourage you to car pool to Puffing Billy (or alternatively hire a minibus) if travelling on the 'Dinner & Dance Train' as a group. That way, more people in your party can enjoy some of the great local wines and beers available.
Please note that there is no Metro Train service after the 'Dinner & Dance Train' returns to Belgrave at 11.30pm.
The Dinner & Dance Train is also available for private functions (for groups of 60 to 80) on any other evening. For further details please contact our Customer Service Centre.
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS SAY...
"We had a wonderful time! The atmosphere, the staff, the music, the dance and the food were amazing! It took us to another world - where we could leave our daily cares behind and enjoy." Kaye travelled in June
"Fun night, great food, great music and a lovely atmosphere - definitely something you should experience at least once!" Joanne travelled in June
"I bought tickets for my Husband's birthday as well as a very dear friends birthday and a thankyou for looking after our little dog while in Perth. Our friends had never been on the train before so we kept it a total secret until we pulled into the car park, then they twigged, they were so excited, it was fantastic to see their excitement, it made our night one of the best nights, This was my fifth Puffing Billy trip and it won't be our last. Our next door neighbour is a volunteer so we had an extra interest. Fantastic night, thank you to all the people involved." Gillian travelled in March
"Had a fantastic night, Staff were exceptional nothing was too much trouble. Would love to do it again." Christine travelled in February
- Tickets are non refundable nor transferable.
- We do welcome children in our heritage dining carriages and can accommodate children aged 5 years and above. These age restrictions have been carefully considered in the interests of health and safety.
- Trains will not be cancelled due to inclement weather.
- On declared days of TOTAL FIRE BAN in the Central Zone or the whole state of Victoria, steam locomotives will NOT operate, instead a diesel locomotive service will be offered.
- Should Puffing Billy Railway be unable to run this train, we will endeavour to transfer your booking to another date, however if this is not possible, a full refund will be given. In this instance, we will notify you of the cancellation by email and phone as soon as possible. As a result, we encourage you to provide us with your email address and a mobile telephone number at the time of booking.
- Unless already sold out, bookings will close at 12 noon on the last business day prior to the event.
- Whilst every attempt is made to honour all bookings, Puffing Billy reserves the right to alter events, timetables, or locomotives without prior notice.
- Puffing Billy Railway is a non-smoking, non BYO venue.
- We practice the Responsible Serving of Alcoholic Beverages. Accordingly, service and/or travel on the train, either at the commencement of or during the forward or return journey, may be refused to any person who shows signs of excessive intoxication.
- Due to the heritage nature of the carriages, we do not have facilities to provide for or accommodate high chairs, prams, baby capsules or wheelchairs and there are no bottle warming facilities or baby change facilities.
- No toilets are available aboard Puffing Billy's carriages, however toilets can be found at each main station.
- Our heritage dining carriages have tables and chairs that are fixed to the floor and cannot be moved. As a result, people of generous proportions could find seating in the dining carriages restrictive. Please note that the distance between the edge of the table and the back of the chair is only 41 centimetres. To ensure you have a positive experience at Puffing Billy Railway we strongly urge you to contact our Customer Service Centre should you have any concerns.
- Guide dogs are the only dogs permitted on the train.
- For bookings under 10 people, full payment is required at time of booking.
- For all online bookings, full payment is required at time of booking.
- For group bookings of 10 or more people, a deposit payment of $25.00 per person is required at time of booking, however if the booking is made within 30 working days of travel, full payment is required.
Balance payment is required 30 working days prior to date of travel.
- For bookings under 10 people, tickets are non refundable nor transferable.
- For all online bookings, tickets are non refundable nor transferable.
- For group bookings of 10 or more people:
- If a cancellation is made within 30 working days of travel, no refund will be given.
- If a cancellation is made 31 – 90 days out, the deposit is forfeited.
- If a cancellation is made over 90 days out, the deposit is refunded less a 10% administration fee.
Send Us your Puffing Billy Photo.
Gift Vouchers for Christmas
Purchase online now!