ARRIVAL TIMES - On weekdays, passengers are encouraged to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to their preferred train departure to avoid disappointment. On weekends and during school holidays, we encourage you to arrive at least 45 minutes prior.
NOTICE FOR PASSENGERS WITH WHEELCHAIR REQUIREMENTS - There will be no wheelchair capacity on our departure to Gembrook on Saturday 25 and Sunday 26 May as one of our carriages capable of accommodating wheelchairs is in for maintenance. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Select date of travel and refer to the timetable below in the same colour as in the date square:
- Puffing Billy's Lakeside station kiosk accepts Eftpos, VISA and MasterCard (no cash out, $10 minimum). Emerald Lake Park's Council operated cafe accepts Eftpos (no cash out, $15 minimum).
- The 12.30pm Excursion Train departure from Belgrave station includes the First Class dining carriages for the patrons travelling on the 'Steam & Cuisine Luncheon Train'. The same applies to the 2.25pm departure from Lakeside station.
- All trains are steam-hauled unless a diesel locomotive is required in exceptional circumstances. For example during the fire season the 11.10 am train to Gembrook (Return) may be hauled by a diesel locomotive.
- On declared days of "Total Fire Ban" in the Central Zone of Victoria, Puffing Billy steam locomotives will not operate. Diesel Locomotives will operate on a reduced timetable which is located at the bottom of this page.
- For information of Total Fire Bans check the CFA Website or Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology for further information.
- Locomotives and events are subject to alteration or cancellation without notice.
- Groups and families - Ensure you are ready to board the train 30 minutes prior to departure time. Puffing Billy is very popular and allowing extra time makes it easier to find seats for you all in the same carriage.
- Only folding or narrow type prams can be accommodated through the narrow carriage doors.
- No toilets are available aboard Puffing Billy's carriages, however toilets can be found at each main station.
- First Class Travel return journeys are on designated trains only.
- There is no train service on Christmas Day.
- Passengers travelling to Belgrave via Suburban Trains or buses are advised to check the Public Transport Victoria website or call 1800 800 007 for updated information regarding travel times and changes to regular services.
Gift Vouchers for Christmas
Purchase online now!