Due to the narrow carriage doors, only folding or narrow type pushers can be accommodated on Puffing Billy.
Our friendly staff can provide special attention to Seniors or passengers with reduced mobility. We recommend that you let us know about your requirements before you travel. Telephone (03) 9757 0700 (+61 3 9757 0700 intl) during normal office hours.
For your information:
- Pathways to our major stations are all wheelchair accessible.
- To assist passengers with reduced mobility and to avoid our pathway entrance, passengers may be dropped off at Gate 4 which is in front of our Belgrave station. The area from the station to the platform is on one level.
- There are two designated disabled car spaces at Gate 3 at our Belgrave station. From there, access to the station platform is via a ramp (the bottom of the "zig zag path"). Wheelchair assisted persons should please note that this ramp is STEEP. Either use at own risk or seek assistance (on 9757 0721).
- Our station platforms are not at the same height as our carriage doors, however ramps are available to provide easy wheelchair access on many of our day trains.
- The wheelchair ramp width is 75cm.
- If you are travelling in a wheelchair, there are limited wheelchair spaces available. Please contact us before day of travel.
- Toilets with wheelchair access are located at Belgrave, Lakeside and Gembrook.
Gift Vouchers for Christmas
Purchase online now!