TICKETS FOR THE 2014 SANTA SPECIAL HAVE NOW SOLD OUT!
The volunteers at Puffing Billy have arranged some very special trains to ensure Santa can meet as many boys and girls as possible.
As it's the festive season, they've even specially decorated the steam train for everyone's enjoyment! So climb aboard the Santa Special for a family fun day in the Dandenong Ranges.
Your day with Santa
Depart from Puffing Billy's Belgrave Station to Emerald, where each child 14 years and under will receive a present from Santa. Even the adults receive some festive treats! The Santa Special then continues to Lakeside Station, where everyone can disembark the train and explore Emerald Lake Park.
Why not pack a picnic and relax alongside the lake? Ample time is provided throughout the day for the kids to have their photo taken with Santa and Mrs Claus.
Shelters at Emerald Lake Park
The Cardinia Shire Council has shelters for groups of up to 100 people available for hire. Bookings for the shelters must be made through Puffing Billy on (03) 9757 0700 (+61 3 9757 0700 intl) (rates available upon request). The shelters are popular so it is advisable to book them early.
Sunset Santa Special
|Saturday 6 December - SOLD OUT
Travel as the heat of the day recedes and enjoy the lights of Melbourne at dusk on the return journey. The Sunset Santa Special depart at 5.10pm and returns back into Belgrave at 9.35pm.
The journey of the Sunset Santa Special is the same format as the Daytime Santa Specials. Plenty of time is provided at Lakeside Station, located within Emerald Lake Park. With BBQ facilities and picnic tables, this spot is the perfect place for families to enjoy a picnic alongside the lake at sunset.
Daytime Santa Specials
|Saturday 29 November - SOLD OUT
||Saturday 6 December - SOLD OUT
||Saturday 20 December - SOLD OUT
The daytime Santa Specials depart from Puffing Billy's Belgrave station at 10.55am.
After receiving presents from Santa, passengers will return to the train which will continue to Lakeside, arriving at 1.15pm.
The Santa Special will depart Lakeside at 2.50pm, and will return back into Belgrave station at 4.05pm.
Passengers with special needs
Should you have passengers with Special Needs (eg. wheelchair access) you MUST contact the Puffing Billy Customer Service Centre on 03 9757 0700. This way we can determine whether their needs can be accommodated.
For further information, please email email@example.com.
Terms and Conditions
- Due to the heritage nature of the Puffing Billy carriages, folding type prams are the only type that can be physically loaded on to the train.
- Please advise the people in your party that standing and walking on the tracks is not permitted.
- Smoking is not permitted on the train, platforms or under any roofed areas.
- Guide dogs are the only dogs permitted on the train.
- No toilets are available aboard Puffing Billy's carriages, however toilets can be found at each main station.
Payment and Cancellation Policy
- Trains and events will NOT be cancelled due to inclement weather.
- Tickets are non refundable nor transferable.
- Should Puffing Billy be unable to run this train/event we will endeavour to transfer your booking to another date in the current Santa Special season, however if this is not possible, a full refund will be given. In this instance, we will notify you of the cancellation by email and/or phone as soon as possible.
- Whilst every attempt is made to honour all bookings, Puffing Billy reserves the right to alter events, timetables or locomotives without prior notice.
- On declared days of TOTAL FIRE BAN in the Central Zone or the whole state of Victoria, steam locomotives will not run, instead the train will be operated with a diesel locomotive.
Gift Vouchers for Christmas
Purchase online now!