Join us for an intriguing night of murder, mystery and suspense aboard Puffing Billy's evening train special. Dress to the 1920s and 1930s era to go in the draw to win a prize!
The Train departs from Puffing Billy's Belgrave Station. Please ensure you arrive at least 20 minutes prior to the departure time.
Our enclosed dining carriages are heated in winter to ensure your journey is both comfortable and enjoyable. During the forward journey your entree will be served before disembarking at the historic Nobelius Packing Shed.
On the return journey, tea, coffee and dinner chocolates will be served.
In the rustic informality of the 'Nobelius Packing Shed', you'll be sure to enjoy the blazing log fire during the cooler months. Select a variety of roast meats, vegetables and salads from the buffet followed by various dessert options. A range of beverages including local wines are available for purchase.
You will be busy finding out 'Who dunnit' until the driver blows the whistle signalling your return to the train.
This event is supported and acted by the Gemco Players Community Theatre.
'Murder on the Puffing Billy Express' departs from Puffing Billy's Belgrave Station at 7.30pm on Thursdays and Fridays and 7.00pm on Saturdays.
Please ensure you arrive at least 20 minutes prior to the departure time. Arrival back into Belgrave Station is approximately 11.30pm.
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS SAY...
"We had the most wonderful night, so much fun, the dressing up was great and we thought the venue was beautiful. Thank you so much we will come again." Tara travelled in May
"We boarded the train with no expectations but with lots of excitement for the evening ahead. It was great to see so many people dress up and really get involved in the night. We literally stepped back in time. The actors were brilliant, the food delicious, service was great and everything just ran so well. We were a party of 12 (a cousins reunion) and before the night was over eveyone was asking when is the next one. Overall a very enjoyable and entertaining evening, it ended way too quickly..." Mena and her group travelled in April
"Murder on Puffing Billy Express is an entertaining and enjoyable evening. With dinner, show and a great train ride it is worth the cost. Getting dressed up in the twenties and thirties fashions was enjoyed by all. The passengers looked marvellous. Highly recommend for groups and parties there were twelve of us and its a great way for friends to get together." Hilary travelled in April
"This was one of the best nights out we have had in a long time! The train ride was so nice and everything was prepared with so much love! The food was devine and the actors just excellent! We really enjoyed it and we can recommend this event on Puffing Billy! Thank you all!" Karin travelled in April
|Friday 12 July||Saturday 13 July||Saturday 27 July|
|Saturday 17 August||Saturday 21 September SOLD OUT
||Friday 4 October|
|Saturday 5 October||Friday 1 November||Thursday 21 November|
$112 per person. No concessions apply.
Includes: Train journey, three course dinner, entertainment, tea, coffee and dinner chocolates. A range of beverages including local wines are available for purchase.
SPECIAL DIETARY REQUIREMENTS
Puffing Billy Railway can only cater for the following special dietary requirements:
- gluten free / celiacs
Please ensure you advise us at least 72 hours prior to travel should you have one of the above dietary requirements. If booking online, please let us know in the "Notes" box when completing your booking.
Dining Carriage - due to the heritage nature of our dining carriages, the table configurations can seat up to two (2) or up to four (4) people. If your party consists of more than 4 people, we will do our best to ensure your tables are located close to each other.
Packing Shed - the tables located in the Packing Shed can seat up to a maximum of 12 people and where possible we will do our best to seat your party together.
PASSENGERS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
Passengers with Special Needs (eg wheel chair access) must contact Puffing Billy’s Customer Service Centre rather than book online. This way we can determine whether your needs can be accommodated.
We encourage you to car pool to Puffing Billy (or alternatively hire a minibus) if travelling on 'Murder on the Puffing Billy Express' as a group. That way, more people in your party can enjoy some of the great local wines and beers available.
Please note that there is no Metro Train service after the train returns to Belgrave at 11.30pm.
Gift vouchers for the Murder on the Puffing Billy Express are available and make an ideal present to celebrate that special occasion. For further details please contact our Customer Service Centre or Purchase Online.
- Tickets are NOT transferable to other shows nor refundable.
- On declared days of TOTAL FIRE BAN in the Central Zone or the whole state of Victoria, steam locomotives will NOT operate, instead a diesel locomotive service will be offered.
- Should Puffing Billy Railway be unable to run this train, we will endeavour to transfer your booking to another date, however if this is not possible, a full refund will be given. In this instance, we will notify you of the cancellation by email and phone as soon as possible. As a result, we encourage you to provide us with your email address and a mobile telephone number at the time of booking.
- Unless already sold out, ‘Murder on the Puffing Billy Express’ bookings will close at 12 noon on the day prior to the selected event.
- Whilst every attempt is made to honour all bookings, Puffing Billy reserves the right to alter events, timetables, or locomotives without prior notice.
- Puffing Billy Railway is a non-smoking, non BYO venue.
- We practice the Responsible Serving of Alcoholic Beverages. Accordingly, service and/or travel on the train, either at the commencement of or during the forward or return journey, may be refused to any person who shows signs of excessive intoxication.
- Due to the heritage nature of the carriages, we do not have facilities to provide for or accommodate high chairs, prams or wheelchairs and there are no bottle warming facilities.
- No toilets are available aboard Puffing Billy's carriages, however toilets can be found at each main station.
- Due to the heritage nature of our dining carriages, people of generous proportions might find space slightly restrictive. Kindly contact our Customer Service Centre should you have any concerns.
- For bookings under 10 people, full payment is required at time of booking.
- For all online bookings, full payment is required at time of booking.
- For group bookings of 10 or more people, a deposit payment of $25.00 per person is required at time of booking, however if the booking is made within 30 working days of travel, full payment is required.
Balance payment is required 30 working days prior to date of travel.
- For bookings under 10 people, tickets are non refundable nor transferable.
- For all online bookings, tickets are non refundable nor transferable.
- For group bookings of 10 or more people:
- If a cancellation is made within 30 working days of travel, no refund will be given.
- If a cancellation is made 31 – 90 days out, the deposit is forfeited.
- If a cancellation is made over 90 days out, the deposit is refunded less a 10% administration fee.
Send Us your Puffing Billy Photo.
Gift Vouchers for Christmas
Purchase online now!