Jazz on Puffing Billy Railway will be trumpeting along with live Jazz music with the Mast Gully Quartet, great local wines and a dinner in the historic Nobelius Packing Shed.
From the moment you board at Puffing Billy's Belgrave station platform, your feet will be tapping as you take the fun-filled journey through the Dandenong Ranges all the way up to the historic restored Packing Shed.
The Train departs from Puffing Billy’s Belgrave Station at 7.15pm. Please ensure you arrive at least 20 minutes prior to the departure time.
Our enclosed dining carriages are heated in winter to ensure your journey is both comfortable and enjoyable. During the forward journey your entree will be served before disembarking at the historic Nobelius Packing Shed.
On the return journey, tea, coffee and dinner chocolates will be served.
In the rustic informality of the 'Nobelious Packing Shed', you'll be sure to enjoy the blazing log fire during the cooler months. Select a variety of roast meats, vegetables and salads from the buffet followed by various dessert options. A range of beverages including local wines are available for purchase.
You will be listening to more Jazz tunes until the driver blows the whistle signalling your return to the train. The arrival time into Belgrave Station is approximately 11.30 pm.
Read about Jazz on Puffing Billy Railway in the Experience the Dandenongs blog.
|Saturday 1 June LIMITED SEATS
||Saturday 31 August SOLD OUT
||Saturday 26 October|
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS SAY...
"Being guests upon Puffing Billy's Dinner and Jazz night was an absolute delight. My Fiance' and I enjoyed every moment from the moment we walked down the path at Belgrave Station until the moment we stepped off the train at the end of the night. The people, the train, the service, the food, the wine and especially the music all helped to make for such a special night which assisted in creating an ambiance where I could propose to my then girlfriend who is now my fiance'. I couldn't recommend Jazz on Puffing Billy highly enough, it is one journey that really shouldn't be missed." Craig travelled with us in March 2012.
THE MAST GULLY QUARTET
MIKE EDWARDS Clarinet, sax and vocals
Mike has done the full music circle from jazz to rock to folk to country and back and has played with many bands of note including the Red Onions, Ram Jam Big Band, Frank Traynor’s Jazz Preachers, Radio Days, Creole Bells and, currently, the New Melbourne Jazz Band.
NOEL DOLLMAN String Bass
Noel has been playing in jazz, rock and folk groups for many years at festivals, private functions and commercial venues such as restaurants and hotels. The bands include The Sweet Nutcrackers Jazz Band, The Black Beach Jazz Band, The Waterfront Café Band and Algonquin Swing. Currently Noel is performing at Jazz festivals, restaurants, the Upwey/Belgrave RSL Jazz Club as well as on the Puffing Billy Jazz Train.
NEIL TAYLOR Keyboard and Vocals
GRAEME STEEL Trumpet
Graeme has been on the Melbourne jazz scene for over 50 years. He has worked with many of the top players, and has earned a reputation as one of the more reliable jazz players, equally at home in Modern, Mainstream, Dixie and Traditional styles. His well known and subtle use of the muted trumpet has won many accolades, especially as a backing player for vocalists. He has been a regular contributor at Jazz Festivals around Australia and was music director of the Inverloch Festival for four years. His current gigs include working with Pippa Wilson as well as appearing regularly at the Upwey/Belgrave RSL Jazz Club.
$99 per person.
No concessions apply.
Includes: Train journey, three course dinner, live jazz entertainment, tea, coffee and dinner chocolates. A range of beverages including local wines are available for purchase.
SPECIAL DIETARY REQUIREMENTS
Puffing Billy Railway can only cater for the following special dietary requirements:
- gluten free / celiacs
Please ensure you advise us at least 72 hours prior to travel should you have one of the above dietary requirements. If booking online, please let us know in the "Notes" box when completing your booking.
Dining Carriage - due to the heritage nature of our dining carriages, the table configurations can seat up to two (2) or up to four (4) people. If your party consists of more than 4 people, we will do our best to ensure your tables are located close to each other.
Packing Shed - the tables located in the Packing Shed can seat up to a maximum of 12 people and where possible we will do our best to seat your party together.
PASSENGERS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
Passengers with Special Needs (eg wheel chair access) must contact Puffing Billy’s Customer Service Centre rather than book online. This way we can determine whether your needs can be accommodated.
We encourage you to car pool to Puffing Billy (or alternatively hire a minibus) if travelling on 'Jazz on Puffing Billy Railway' as a group. That way, more people in your party can enjoy some of the great local wines and beers available.
Please note that there is no Metro Train service after the train returns to Belgrave at 11.30pm.
Gift vouchers for Jazz on Puffing Billy Railway are available and make an ideal present to celebrate that special occasion. For further details please contact our Customer Service Centre or Purchase Online.
- Tickets are NOT transferable to other shows nor refundable.
- On declared days of TOTAL FIRE BAN in the Central Zone or the whole state of Victoria, steam locomotives will NOT operate, instead a diesel locomotive service will be offered.
- Should Puffing Billy Railway be unable to run this train, we will endeavour to transfer your booking to another date, however if this is not possible, a full refund will be given. In this instance, we will notify you of the cancellation by email and phone as soon as possible. As a result, we encourage you to provide us with your email address and a mobile telephone number at the time of booking.
- Unless already sold out, ‘Jazz on Puffing Billy Railway’ bookings will close at 12 noon on the day prior to the selected event.
- Whilst every attempt is made to honour all bookings, Puffing Billy reserves the right to alter events, timetables, or locomotives without prior notice.
- Puffing Billy Railway is a non-smoking, non BYO venue.
- We practice the Responsible Serving of Alcoholic Beverages. Accordingly, service and/or travel on the train, either at the commencement of or during the forward or return journey, may be refused to any person who shows signs of excessive intoxication.
- Due to the heritage nature of the carriages, we do not have facilities to provide for or accommodate high chairs, prams or wheelchairs and there are no bottle warming facilities.
- No toilets are available aboard Puffing Billy's carriages, however toilets can be found at each main station.
- Due to the heritage nature of our dining carriages, people of generous proportions might find space slightly restrictive. Kindly contact our Customer Service Centre should you have any concerns.
- For bookings under 10 people, full payment is required at time of booking.
- For all online bookings, full payment is required at time of booking.
- For group bookings of 10 or more people, a deposit payment of $25.00 per person is required at time of booking, however if the booking is made within 30 working days of travel, full payment is required.
Balance payment is required 30 working days prior to date of travel.
- For bookings under 10 people, tickets are non refundable nor transferable.
- For all online bookings, tickets are non refundable nor transferable.
- For group bookings of 10 or more people:
- If a cancellation is made within 30 working days of travel, no refund will be given.
- If a cancellation is made 31 – 90 days out, the deposit is forfeited.
- If a cancellation is made over 90 days out, the deposit is refunded less a 10% administration fee.
Send Us your Puffing Billy Photo.
Gift Vouchers for Christmas
Purchase online now!