A Day Out With Thomas at Emerald Town Station
Tickets are NOW ON SALE for the Autumn 2015 season.
See 'Thomas the Tank Engine' and 'The Fat Controller' at Puffing Billy's EMERALD town station ...entertainment for the entire family!
- A 20 minute train ride with 'Thomas' and 'Diesel'
- Thomas and The Fat Controller pantomime
- Meet the Fat Controller and his friends
- Animal Nursery
- Jumping Castle
- Green Bulgy Bus Ride
- Thomas Art Activities
- Thomas Movie Show
- Face Painting
Refreshment facilities (food and soft drinks) and an extensive range of Thomas merchandise are available for purchase onsite.
DATES & SESSION TIMES
The session times below indicate the departure time of your train ride aboard Thomas. When returning to Emerald station after the train ride, you will be directed to the pantomime show.
ARRIVE EARLY. You are advised to take part in some of the additional attractions before your train ride and pantomime show. This is especially recommended if booking the 1.45pm session, in which case you are advised to allow time to do all of them prior to your train ride and pantomime show.
|Sat 28 February
||Sun 1 March
||Sat 14 March||Sun 15 March|
| 10.45am - SOLD OUT
||10.45am - SOLD OUT
||10.45am - SOLD OUT
|Sat 21 March
||Sun 22 March
||Sat 28 March||Sun 29 March|
Arrival times: We encourage passengers to arrive early to EMERALD Town Station and do some of the included activities prior to your train ride.
- Passengers on the 9.30am train, please arrive on site by 9am
- Passengers on the 10.45am train, please arrive on site by 10am
- Passengers on the 12.15pm train, please arrive on site by 11.30am
- Passengers on the 1.45pm train, please arrive on site by 12.15pm
* For those travelling on the 1.45pm train, please arrive by 12.15pm and partake in all included activities before your train ride and corresponding pantomine show as the site closes at 3.30pm.
PARKING AND LOCATION
Day Out With Thomas takes place at Puffing Billy's EMERALD Town Station (GPS Ref: Memorial Ave, Emerald / Melway ref 127 E5), NOT Belgrave where most other Puffing Billy departures commence.
The event site is open from 9.00 am to 3.30 pm. Parking for the 'Thomas' event is available in Memorial Avenue, Emerald at a $4 cost per vehicle, opening at 8.45 am each 'Thomas' event day.
Travelling to 'Thomas' by public transport
If travelling with public transport to 'Thomas' click here to receive directions via the Public Transport Victoria Journey Planner. Please note that public transport to Emerald from the Melbourne CBD can take up to 2 hours on weekends. We strongly suggest that you check the Journey Planner before booking and that you choose either the 12.15pm or 1.45pm sessions if arriving by public transport.
THOMAS EVENT SITE LOCATION MAP - Click here
PASSENGERS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
Passengers with Special Needs (eg wheel chair access) must contact Puffing Billy’s Customer Service Centre rather than book online. This way we can determine whether your needs can be accommodated.
TESTIMONALS FROM THE AUTUMN 2014 SEASON OF 'DAY OUT WITH THOMAS'
"What a wonderful Day Out With Thomas! The picturesque country side, nice clean mountain air and a magical day with one of our daughter's favourite characters and some his friends. A ride on the train, then a ride on Bulgy the Bus, face-painting, the antics of Shunter Charley, Driver Sam and Sir Topham Hatt as well as the petting zoo and jumping castle, kept our little Miss quite entertained and excited all day." Bradley
"Fantastic family day out with Thomas! So much for kids to do - highly recommend it! Our son especially loved Bulgy the Bus ride. Thanks for a fun day." Tasma
"The staff were friendly and helpful and the kids were beaming with excitement. Plenty of options to keep the kids entertained and Emerald is such a beautiful part of Victoria to see, especially by train with Thomas! We loved our Day Out With Thomas and are looking forward to seeing him and the Fat Controller (I mean Sir Topham Hat) next time." Ro
"We booked the 'Day Out With Thomas' as a family outing and had a brilliant time. The actual train trip through the 'Sodor' countryside was beautiful and relaxing - our two little boys loved seeing the animals, flowers and people waving to them along the way. Back at the train station, the range of acitivities available were just fantastic and targetted perfectly to the young audience. The fact that everything was included in the ticket price was great value, too. Congratulations on the set-up - we'll be back again soon!" Estelle & Matthew
Bookings must be made online and are subject to availability
BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- TICKETS: The confimation email sent to you after booking is your ticket to travel so ensure you print it and bring it along to 'Thomas' on the event day.
- Thomas tickets are NOT transferable to other shows nor refundable, except on declared days of TOTAL FIRE BAN in the Central Zone, or the whole state of Victoria, when Thomas events will be cancelled.
- Should a day of TOTAL FIRE BAN be declared in the Central Zone, or the whole state of Victoria on the date that you have booked to travel, we will endeavour to notify you by email and phone as soon as possible.
- Should Puffing Billy Railway be unable to run this event we will endeavour to transfer your booking to another show taking place that season, however if this is not possible, a full refund will be given. In this instance, we will notify you of the cancellation by email and phone as soon as possible. As a result, we encourage you to provide us with your email address and a mobile telephone number at the time of booking.
- Thomas events will NOT be cancelled due to inclement weather. Please note that due to OH&S regulations, the jumping castle will not operate in wet and/or windy conditions.
- Whilst every attempt is made to honour all bookings, Puffing Billy reserves the right to alter events, timetables, or locomotives without prior notice.
- No toilets are available aboard our train carriages. Toilets are located at Puffing Billy's station where 'Day Out With Thomas' is held.
- Due to the heritage nature of our carriages there is no room on the Thomas & Diesel train ride for prams or pushers. An enclosed area has been made available where patrons can park pushers when participating in this activity. Puffing Billy Railway will not be held responsible for passenger items or valuables.
- Smoking is not permitted on the train, platforms or under any roofed areas.
- Guide dogs are the only dogs permitted on the train.
Day Out With Thomas™ Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends™ Based on the Railway Series by The Reverend W. Awdry. ©2014 Gullane (Thomas) ©2014 HIT Entertainment Limited www.thomasandfriends.com/au
Gift Vouchers for Christmas
Purchase online now!