A Day Out With Thomas at Emerald Town Station
Our next season of Thomas is on February 28, March 1,14,15, 21,22, 28 & 29 2015.
Tickets will go on sale on Tuesday 2 December. Bookings can be made online or via our Customer Service Centre (03) 9757 0700.
- A 20 minute train ride with 'Thomas' and 'Diesel'
- Thomas and The Fat Controller pantomime
- Meet the Fat Controller and his friends
- Animal Nursery
- Jumping Castle
- Green Bulgy Bus Ride
- Thomas Colouring Marquee
- Thomas DVD Show
- Face Painting
- Photo Opportunities
Refreshment facilities (food and soft drinks) and an extensive range of Thomas merchandise are available for purchase onsite.
Arrival times: We encourage passengers to arrive early to EMERALD Town Station and do some of the included activities prior to your train ride.
- Passengers on the 9.30am train, please arrive on site by 9am
- Passengers on the 10.45am train, please arrive on site by 10am
- Passengers on the 12.15pm train, please arrive on site by 11.30am
- Passengers on the 1.45pm train, please arrive on site by 12.15pm
* For those travelling on the 1.45pm train, please arrive by 12.15pm and partake in all included activities before your train ride and corresponding pantomine show as the site closes at 3.30pm.
PARKING AND LOCATION
Day Out With Thomas takes place at Puffing Billy's EMERALD Town Station (GPS Ref: Memorial Ave, Emerald / Melway ref 127 E5), NOT Belgrave where most other Puffing Billy departures commence.
The event site is open from 9.00 am to 3.30 pm. Parking for the 'Thomas' event is available in Memorial Avenue, Emerald at a $4 cost per vehicle, opening at 8.45 am each 'Thomas' event day.
Travelling to 'Thomas' by public transport
If travelling with public transport to 'Thomas' click here to receive directions via the Public Transport Victoria Journey Planner. Please note that public transport to Emerald from the Melbourne CBD can take up to 2 hours on weekends. We strongly suggest that you check the Journey Planner before booking and that you choose either the 12.15pm or 1.45pm sessions if arriving by public transport.
THOMAS EVENT SITE LOCATION MAP - Click here
PASSENGERS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
Passengers with Special Needs (eg wheel chair access) must contact Puffing Billy’s Customer Service Centre rather than book online. This way we can determine whether your needs can be accommodated.
TESTIMONALS FROM THE AUTUMN 2014 SEASON OF 'DAY OUT WITH THOMAS'
"Day out for Thomas was excellent, my 5 yr old and 3 yr old had the best experience. The atmosphere is excellent, a real family environment. I highly recommend the experience for the kids who LOVE Thomas. Fun filled day and the kids are still talking about it. Thanks" Robyn
"A fantastic day out for the family - the delight on kids faces was priceless! The volunteers were fantastic, and we all had a thoroughly enjoyable day out that will be talked about for a long time to come. Highly recommended." Rachael
"The kids loved seeing Thomas for real!" Dimity
"The day out with Thomas was a fantastic day and well worth the wait from ordering tickets in advance. The day was the best, my son and I loved every minute, even after 4 hours he still didn't want to leave. So well thought out and organised and so much to do including Thomas ride, bus ride, face painting, animal nursery, jumping castle, pantomime, movie tent and much more. It was definitely well worth it. Well done Puffing Billy for giving my son and me the best day and great memories. Thankyou Sooo Much." Jason and Dylan
BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- TICKETS: The confimation email sent to you after booking is your ticket to travel so ensure you print it and bring it along to 'Thomas' on the event day.
- Thomas tickets are NOT transferable to other shows nor refundable, except on declared days of TOTAL FIRE BAN in the Central Zone, or the whole state of Victoria, when Thomas events will be cancelled.
- Should a day of TOTAL FIRE BAN be declared in the Central Zone, or the whole state of Victoria on the date that you have booked to travel, we will endeavour to notify you by email and phone as soon as possible.
- Should Puffing Billy Railway be unable to run this event we will endeavour to transfer your booking to another show taking place that season, however if this is not possible, a full refund will be given. In this instance, we will notify you of the cancellation by email and phone as soon as possible. As a result, we encourage you to provide us with your email address and a mobile telephone number at the time of booking.
- Thomas events will NOT be cancelled due to inclement weather. Please note that due to OH&S regulations, the jumping castle will not operate in wet and/or windy conditions.
- Whilst every attempt is made to honour all bookings, Puffing Billy reserves the right to alter events, timetables, or locomotives without prior notice.
- No toilets are available aboard our train carriages. Toilets are located at Puffing Billy's station where 'Day Out With Thomas' is held.
- Due to the heritage nature of our carriages there is no room on the Thomas & Diesel train ride for prams or pushers. An enclosed area has been made available where patrons can park pushers when participating in this activity. Puffing Billy Railway will not be held responsible for passenger items or valuables.
- Smoking is not permitted on the train, platforms or under any roofed areas.
- Guide dogs are the only dogs permitted on the train.
Day Out With Thomas™ Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends™ Based on the Railway Series by The Reverend W. Awdry. ©2014 Gullane (Thomas) ©2014 HIT Entertainment Limited www.thomasandfriends.com/au
Send Us your Puffing Billy Photo.
Gift Vouchers for Christmas
Purchase online now!